Gypsy Camp for Girls Passes the Torch

Gypsy Camp for Girls Passes the Torch

This week’s featured photo shows campers enjoying summer activities at Gypsy Camp for Girls. The camp was operational just south of Siloam Springs on Highway 59 from 1921 until 1978. Click the link to read about the camp’s history and its future.

Read More

The Suttles--documenting for the future

The Suttles--documenting for the future

Without photos of historic Siloam Springs taken by J. E. and J. H. Suttle, local historians would find it more difficult to envision downtown Siloam in the early 1900’s. Their work represented a large percentage of the photos taken of Siloam around this time. This week’s issue of Found in the Archives features a photo of one of the Suttle photographers and members of his family, donated to the museum in 1986.

Read More